This week on Spin It, Stephynie had the privilege of speaking with former FBI hostage negotiator Chris Voss.
Prior to becoming the FBI lead international kidnapping negotiator, Chris served as the lead Crisis Negotiator for the New York City Division of the FBI and was a member of the New York City Joint Terrorist Task Force for 14 years.
On this weeks episode, we’ll take an intimate look into the art of negotiation and its importance in the world of Entrepreneurship and Business.
We’ll explore his world renowned negotiation tactics and strategies learning how even those who have never negotiated before can start applying them in their lives.
You’ll learn how Chris found a way to masterfully turn obstacles into opportunities for decades and how you too can do the same.
- 00:00 - Spin It! Intro
- 00:19 - Chris Voss Intro
- 00:47 - Introductory Comments
- 01:30 - How Chris became an FBI negotiator
- 05:24 - Chris' Early Years
- 06:11 - When Chris realized he loved Negotiating
- 09:23 - How Privilege affects you
- 13:43 - Negotiating is Learned
- 17:35 - Becoming a better Negotiator
- 19:37 - Negotiating in day-to-day life
- 25:44 - When to say NO in Negotiating
- 28:08 - Tone of Voice when Negotiating
- 30:00 - Success Rate in Negotiating
- 31:04 - Time is a Valuable Commodity
- 36:00 - Tips in Critical Negotiation
- 41:35 - Common Mistake in Negotiation
- 49:28 - 3 Things to consider in Negotiation
- 50:11 - About Blackswan & The Book
- 53:10 - How Chris surpassed his Obstacles
- 55:06 - Social Media & Important Links
- 57:02 - Spin It!
Social Media -