This week on Spin It! Stephynie is speaking with Wall Street Journal Best selling author and “Your CEO Mentor” Founder Martin Moore.
A former corporate CEO, Moore worked his way up from an entry-level position in software development to become a CIO, an SVP, and a Head of Strategy. This led to his defining role as CEO of CS Energy. During his 5-year tenure, Moore grew earnings from $17 million to a staggering $441 million.
Today, Martin runs the company “Your CEO Mentor." The concept…very similar to the title of his book “No Leadership Bullshi$” and organization aimed at teaching today’s leaders what they won't learn in business school.
On today’s episode, they will discuss Martin dropping out of university and the other challenges and obstacles that he faced on his rise to the top… and what made him ultimately decide to trade in his corner office to start a leadership company with his daughter.
Social Media & Important Links:
Corporate Website: https://www.yourceomentor.com/
- 00:00 - Martin Moore Intro
- 00:14 - Spin It! Intro
- 00:41 - Introductory Comments
- 01:11 - Dropping Out From School
- 03:00 - The Ability To Critically Think
- 04:57 - The First Job
- 07:43 - Key Mistakes In Career
- 11:31 - Inheriting Problems on C-suite
- 13:35 - Pulling Off Massive Turnarounds
- 16:50 - Making changes takes Longer
- 18:20 - Starting A Leadership Company
- 23:16 - What His daughter Brings to the Business
- 25:40 - The Power Of Digital Business
- 26:36 - "No B.S", You can't learn in business school
- 32:01 - How Do You Know You're A Great Leader
- 34:22 - View Point On Poor Leadership
- 35:26 - Rationalization of things we do
- 37:40 - How Managers are chosen these days
- 39:45 - Piece of Advice For Aspiring Leaders
- 43:50 - Serve As You Being A Leader
- 45:22 - Obstacles And Opportunities
- 48:30 - Social Media & Important Links