This week on Spin It! Stephynie is speaking with Kara Goldin, founder of Hint Water. For those of you who have not tasted Hint Water, Hint is an unsweetened flavored beverage.
When Kara launched Hint she actually launched it from her garage with the support of her husband Theo. Kara’s story is brillant. Her tenacity, grit and ability to never take no for an answer will deeply inspire you!
Her book, “Undaunted” was one of my favorite books to light a fire under anyone who is stalling! Her message, “START NOW - get out there and TRY! It wont be easy, and it wont be straight but failing is not an option, now or ever.”
Social Media & Important Links:
Undaunted by Kara Goldin: https://www.amazon.com/Undaunted-Overcoming-Doubters-Kara-Goldin/dp/1400220289?nodl=1
- 00:00 - Spin it!
- 00:33 - Kara Goldin Intro
- 01:05 - Kara’s Book “Undaunted”
- 05:26 - Family Life
- 07:30 - Lessons Learned at a Young Age
- 08:59 - Complacency will Kill You
- 10:54 - Having your products in a grocery store
- 17:20 - Why Kara didn’t end up working for Fortune Magazine
- 21:54 - Getting letters from people wanting to work for Hint
- 33:02 - Being the youngest VP at AOL
- 33:22 - Thriving in Chaos
- 38:14 - Signal Early
- 41:13 - Over Communicate
- 45:05 - Biggest obstacle Kara has been able to turn into an opportunity
- 48:24 - Spin It! Outro